There are eight sleeping berths, all fitted with lee cloths, but guests are normally limited to four to assure comfort and privacy. The berths are arranged as a very large double cabin aft, a double cabin with V berths in the bow, two bunks in the midships cabin and two berths in the saloon.
- There is ample storage space in a range of lockers, drawers and wardrobes. Good quality duvets and pillows are provided along with freshly laundered sheets, covers and towels.
- The cabins are centrally heated in winter, well ventilated in summer and finished to a high standard in warm teak.
- The saloon is particularly light and airy with seats and dining table able to accommodate everybody in comfort.
- The two bathrooms include washbasins and showers.
- The galley is well equipped and allows for a high standard of meals on board.
- The centre cockpit is well protected. With sea-keeping qualities better than most yachts Stormdancer can sail when other boats might be too uncomfortable but is not too large for some of the smaller, more interesting anchorages. We can make use of the small pontoons and mooring buoys occasionally available in remote places.
- Berthing, anchoring and going ashore are made easier by a bowthruster, electric anchor windlass and davits for the Zodiac tender.
- Electronic equipment is frequently updated and includes Autopilot, Navtex, AIS Transponder, Raymarine touch-screen Plotters, interfaced Radar, VHF (DSC) radio.
- Safety Equipment carried exceeds MCA requirements including, for example, EPIRB, PLB and modern Ocean Safety MOB recovery devices.
- Top Quality Canon IS and Steiner binoculars are kept on board.
A full range of charts and pilot books for the area are kept on board as well as CD player with six speakers, including to the cockpit, and a small library of books, films and teaching aids including PC based simulators.
“What a beautiful boat.”
“The quality of the boat, equipment and food is far superior to what I have previously experienced”
Peter ( Experienced sailor) Dumfries